Employee, Contractor, and Volunteer Code of Conduct on the Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
As a SeedChange representative, I shall ensure that my personal and professional conduct is, and is seen to be, of the highest standards and in keeping with SeedChange’s beliefs, values, and aims.
- I assume responsibility to contribute to a working environment that promotes dignity and respect for everyone; in which staff will live up to the expectations of the SeedChange PSEA policy and Code of Conduct.
- I will not commit any form of sexual abuse, sexual exploitation, sexual harassment, sexual misconduct or sexual violence, as defined in this policy.
- I will not abuse the power that my position as a SeedChange representative confers on me to request or withhold any sexual service or favour from others in return for assistance or services by SeedChange.
- I will not have sexual relationships that involve improper use of rank or position.
- I will not engage in any sexual activity, with or without physical contact, with children under the age of 18, regardless of local customs and laws.
- I will not engage in online sexual activities with children under the age of 18, nor request, take or circulate photos of children of a sexualized nature.
- I will not express defamatory remarks or circulate any information with respect to any person’s sexual behaviours, activities, or lifestyle.
- I will not access, distribute, or produce pornographic material in SeedChange offices or on SeedChange equipment, including displaying pornographic websites or message boards, or sending pornographic emails.
- I will not initiate, profit from, or facilitate commercial sex transactions with beneficiaries within and outside working hours. For the purpose of this Code of Conduct, a transaction is classed as any exchange of money, employment, goods, services, or favours with any other person while on- and off- duty. This applies regardless of the legal status of prostitution in the laws of the SeedChange staff members’ home country or duty stations.
- I will refuse any offer of sexual services or bribes in exchange for favours, services, or favouritism, or expectations of those, covert or overt. If this situation should arise, I will approach the breach as an opportunity to educate partners or beneficiaries about their right to universal and free access to SeedChange services and its code of conduct. Also, I will duly report the incident through designated mechanisms.
- I will not engage in behaviours that are, or are seen to be, humiliating, degrading or exploitative. This includes any comments or humour based on physical attributes, sexuality, gender identity, or sexual behaviours and preferences.
- I will intervene to prevent any person from being placed in a sexually compromising situation and will not facilitate a third party to sexually abuse, exploit, harass, humiliate or violate any other.
- I will notify the organization if I face any criminal charges for SEA during my employment.
- I will report through designated mechanisms any concerns regarding behaviours that I feel are not in accordance with this Code of Conduct.
- I understand that any act of SEA as described under this policy is ground for immediate termination of employment.
- I have signed the declaration respecting SEA related conduct prior to my work at SeedChange.